Monday, March 25, 2013

March 24: Salmon with Beer

This was yesterday's recipe, but I made it for lunch today. Here are the ingredients. I started gathering them at about 10am.

I seasoned 4 salmon fillets with salt and pepper, put them in a baking dish, and poured a cup of Italian dressing over them. I let that marinate for about a half hour:

I poured 3 tbsp olive oil in the bottom of the crockpot and put the salmon fillets on top. On top of that I put 3 sliced bell peppers, a sliced onion, 1/2 tsp of dried basil, 2 cloves of minced garlic, a tsp lemon peel, and 2 cups of spinach leaves. Then I poured 3/4 cup of beer over top:

I cooked that on high for 1 1/2 hours, then served it up with a lemon wedge:

This fish was very tasty. The only thing I didn't like was that the onions were still mostly raw and I couldn't eat them. The vegetables should have been allowed more time to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment