Saturday, March 2, 2013

March 2: Shrimp Fondue Dip

Tonight I made this dip. It only has to cook for 2 hours. Here are the ingredients:
 
I mixed up 2 tbsp butter with 4 tsp dijon mustard:
 
I spread that onto 6 slices of texas toast, then cut the bread into cubes:
 
In the crockpot I layered 1/3 of the bread cubes, 1/3 lb shrimp, 1/3 of the 2 cups of Swiss cheese, and I repeated that 2 times:
 
Then I mixed up 2 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, and poured it over the layers, using a spatula to press the layers into the egg mixture:
 
I was supposed to cook it on low for 2 hours, but I cooked it on high on accident. The edges got crusty, but it didn't burn:
 
Then I served the dip on slices of French bread:

This dip was delicious. You can't go wrong with cheese and shrimp. We didn't eat much, because we had already had dinner, so we'll have some leftovers tomorrow.

1 comment: