Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March 5: Black Bean and Mushroom Chilaquiles

Ooops, I forgot to type up this post last night. Oh well. I promise I made it for dinner yesterday. I started at about noon when I got home from MOPS. Here are the ingredients:
 
I chopped up an onion, a green bell pepper, and a jalapeno and sauteed them in 2 tbsp olive oil for about 5 minutes:
 
I transferred it to the crockpot, then added a pint of quartered mushrooms, two cans of drained and rinsed black beans, a can of undrained diced tomatoes, and 1 1/2 tsp each of cumin and oregano. That cooked on low for about 6 hours:
 
I sprinkled 1 cup of sharp Cheddar (I couldn't find white Cheddar) over top, let it melt, and then stirred it in:
 
Here is the baby:
 
I crushed up some tortilla chips in a bowl, ladled the mixture on top, sprinkled it with extra cheese, and served it:

I thought this meal was delicious. All the flavors meld together well, the tortillas are a bit crunchy, and the cheese is a delicious addition. DH liked it okay, but said he'd rather have meat than mushrooms. I guess I'll try that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment