Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 12: Ham and Cheddar Brunch Strata

This recipe is from the "brunch and breakfast" section of the cookbook. I made it for dinner. First I gathered the ingredients:
 
 
I layered 8 oz of torn French bread and 1 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar:
 
On top of that I layered 1 1/2 cups diced ham and 1/3 cup sliced green onions. Then I mixed up 4 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, and a pinch of ground red pepper:
 
I poured that over top and cooked it for 3 1/2 hours (it was supposed to be on low, but I put it on high on accident):
 
I melted 1/2 cup more cheese on top and sprinkled 2 more tbsp green onions, then I served it up:

This strata was good, but I was sick with sinus trouble, so I couldn't taste it that well. It pretty much tasted like salt to me. But DH liked it. The girls didn't like it, one because it had onions in it, and I don't know why the other one didn't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment