Thursday, April 4, 2013

March 27: Asian Sweet Potato and Corn Stew

I made this on Saturday. I started it at about 2 PM, but I meant to start earlier. Time just got away from me with coloring Easter eggs and preparing the guest room for our guest. Here are the ingredients:
 
I cooked some chopped ginger, a jalapeno, some garlic and onion in oil in a large skillet for about 5 minutes:

Then I stirred in a can of corn and 2 tsp of curry powder. I lost my can of coconut milk (very expensive coconut milk, I might add), so I used 2 cups of whole milk. I whisked it with a tsp of cornstarch in the crockpot.

I added a can of vegetable broth and a tbsp soy sauce. Then I added 4 cubed sweet potatoes:

I carefully topped it with curried corn, then cooked on low for 5 hours. My hubby stirred it and served it over rice because I was gone to choir rehearsal. I ate there, but I tried some of the stew when I got home:

It wasn't very good. It got better once I seasoned it with soy sauce. It should have had cilantro too, but I forgot that part. The kids liked the sweet potatoes, but nothing else. DH didn't like it much either because it didn't have meat in it. Maybe the coconut milk really would have changed it. I don't know if I want to try it again, though. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment