Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 12: Herbed Turkey Breast with Orange Sauce

I didn't make this recipe either. I think there were 2 recipes that I skipped, so I could catch up.

ETA: 5/1/14

I made this recipe for dinner tonight. It was an easy one. I started at about 9:30 AM gathering up these ingredients:

I chopped up the onion and put it in the bottom of the Crock Pot:

Then I minced 3 garlic cloves and mixed them with a tsp. of dried rosemary and 1/2 tsp. of pepper:

I cut the turkey breast 3/4 of the way through at 2 inch intervals, I rubbed the garlic mixture into the turkey and poured 1 1/2 cups of orange juice over it:

Then I cooked it on low for 7 or 8 hours:

I served it with some steamed asparagus:

This was probably the best tasting turkey I've ever had. It was so moist and the sauce was the perfect blend of spicy and sweet. It didn't taste like an old boot at all! I will have to remember this recipe next time I'm making turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment