Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 13: Ginger Beef with Peppers and Mushrooms

I made this recipe Saturday night so that it would be ready when we came home on Sunday from church. I gathered up these ingredients:
 
I prepped them all, then I had DH drop them in the crockpot and set it to cook overnight because I went to bed before he did. He put in 1 1/2 lbs beef top round steak cut into cubes, 24 baby carrots, one chopped red and one chopped green bell pepper, one chopped onion, a pkg of halved mushrooms, 2 tbsp fresh grated ginger, a cup of beef broth, 1/2 cup hoisin sauce, and 1/4 cup quick tapioca. He set that to cook for 10 hours on low. It stayed on warm until we got home from church:
 
I cooked up some rice and served the beef and vegetables on top of the rice:

This recipe tasted pretty good. The meat and vegetables were good, but the peppers were overdone. I would probably just cook this for 8 hours next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment