Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 8: Tuscan Bean and Prosciutto Soup

To make this recipe, I gathered these ingredients:
 
I melted a couple tbsp of butter in a skillet and cooked 4 slices of prosciutto until crisp:
 
I cooled it on some paper towels, then crumbled into small pieces in the crockpot. To that I added 3 cups of water, 1 c dried navy beans, 1/2 c dried lima beans, a chopped onion, some cilantro, salt, cumin, black pepper, and paprika:
 
I cooked that on low for about 10 hours and then added 2 cans of diced tomatoes. I heated that through, then served it.
 
I'm not sure why, but all the liquid was gone out of the soup by the time it was done:
 
 
This soup had a good flavor. DH didn't like the tomatoes, but I did. The beans were slightly underdone, so I would suggest cooking this one overnight. If you like tomatoes and beans, you will love this soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment