Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 6: Turkey Paprikash

I made the Turkey Paprikash on Sunday (April 7), along with the veggie lasagna because we had guests over after church. Since you can't make 2 recipes in the crockpot at a time, I cooked this one on the stove. I started when I got home from church. Here are the ingredients:
 
First I put a little four, salt, pepper, paprika, and red pepper flakes in a plastic bag. I put some bite sized-turkey breast pieces in the bag and shook it up well:
 
I browned the turkey in a skillet, then removed it to a plate. Then I put some onions and garlic in the skillet and cooked it for about 2 minutes. I returned the turkey to the skillet and stirred in a can of diced tomatoes. I covered it and simmered it for about 10 minutes. If you were making this in the crockpot you would cook it on low for 1 to 2 hours. I cooked some egg noodles and put out some sour cream and green olives for garnish.
 
I put sour cream on mine and stirred it all up to make it creamy. It is the one in the front (the one in back is the veggie lasagna).

This recipe was really good and tasty, and simple to make. It comes from the "fall favorites" section of the cookbook. I really liked it, and all it needed was a bit of salt. Everyone else seemed to like it too. It's one of those good comfort food recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment