Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 10: Italian Braised Short Ribs in Red Wine

I made this recipe on Thursday. The baby was sick, and slept all day. He's so pitiful when he gets like that.

This one came from the "holiday entertaining" section. Here are the ingredients:

I seared the ribs on all sides and transferred to the crockpot:

Then I sauteed 2 sliced onions:

To them I added 2 pkgs of quartered cremini mushrooms and 2 minced cloves of garlic. Then I added 2 cups of red wine, 2 cups of beef broth, and 2 tsp Italian seasoning:

I simmered it for 3 minutes, then poured it all in the crockpot on top of the ribs:

It cooked for about 6 hours on high (or it could be 10-12 hours on low):

I cooked up some mashed potatoes and served the ribs with the sauce on top:

I liked this recipe. The ribs were really tender. I don't think the fam liked it much because of the mushrooms. Why do I have to have a family that doesn't like mushrooms? I'm still going to cook them, though, because the more they eat them, the more they'll like them. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment