Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 9: Streusel Pound Cake

Here is another dessert. This one is from the "brunch and breakfast" section of the cookbook. Here are the ingredients:

I prepared the cake mix according to the package directions, then I stirred in 1/4 c of brown sugar, a tablespoon of flour, 1/4 c chopped walnuts,  and a tsp cinnamon.

I poured it into the greased crockpot and baked it on high for about 2 hours. The recipe said 1 1/2-1 3/4 hours. It also said to use a 4 1/2 quart crockpot, and I don't have one of those.

When I took it out to cool on a plate, it broke in half and some of the top came off:

I served it with powdered sugar:
 
It doesn't look very pretty. It tasted okay, except the outside was burnt. It really tasted like coffee cake, not like pound cake. I don't think this recipe was worth it. I'd rather have the streusel on top of the cake. I don't see the point in putting on the inside. I didn't really like the addition of the nuts in this one. Next time, I think I'll just cook the pound cake in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment